Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From the Heart of a Volunteer

I kept my granddaughters Friday & Saturday & we watched a Christmas movie called Timmy's Gift. In it God showed me something about those of us in the homeless ministry. It was about an angel named Timmy coming to earth to give baby Jesus his most loved possession.When Timmy fell from heaven he landed in a pig pen. The pig was surprised that Timmy wanted to have anything to do with him because he felt like "no one wanted to mingle with common swine". He said it made him feel like he was somebody!

Timmy took him to some water & cleaned both of them up. The pig said to Timmy, (my favorite part) "Nobody has ever taken the trouble to see who I was under the dirt. Imagine that!"God showed me that we, as the homeless ministry, care enough about homeless people to see through the dirt on & in people to help them find the person God created them to be & that they are special to God. This is why we have such a passion to help them. God put it in us when He created us & I'm praying that we don't let anyone or anything keep us from doing what God has called us to do.

I love ya all!

Charla

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome words and insite! Thanks Charla, that's definite re-assurance that we are successful!

    burnaaaa

    ReplyDelete